Friday, September 08, 2006

Mildew!!

One member of the Allotments UK forum, going by the name of organic has informed me that I appear to have mildew on my leaves, here is the post in full.


don't mean to be disheartening but your pumpkin leaves appear to have powdery mildrew

Products containing the following chemicals are effective against this :

Myclobutanil

Penconazole

Flutriafol

the organic way would mean taking all infected leaves of but it doesn't look like you have any that aren't. so probably would kill it

prevention

Ensure plants have adequate water, especially those in containers.

Keep roots moist by incorporating organic matter in autumn and applying mulches in spring.

Avoid overcrowding plants or thin out crowded growth, to give good air circulation and minimise humidity.

Don't give susceptible plants too much nitrogen-rich fertiliser because this encourages sappy growth which is more susceptible to fungi.



What organic didn't realise, that after harvesting The Accidental Pumpkin, more stems have since grown from the plant and more fruit and leaves are appearing, so I have been able to prune away the affected leaves.
Thanks organic for the advice.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 13, 2006 6:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going through the different blogs and i happen to find this one. I really enjoy reading it. Great job, keep up the good work. I have a few blogs but the content are not as good as this one, in fact if i were you i would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. I use them for all my blogs, well, I will look forward to all the updates and i have added your blog to my favorites. thanks again.

Jessica

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home